Internship Position (now closed)
About the position
The Multi Media and Engagement Internship is now available to a person with the right match of multimedia skills, creativity, attitude, and commitment to social change. We are looking for proven experience with a variety of media platforms, with a focus on audio and video editing for back end post-production, campaigns and marketing. This person will support the communications team in sourcing, creating, proofreading and editing content for communications campaigns (e.g a crowdfunder) and our website. They may also have the opportunity to participate in youth-led creative projects addressing colonisation and the climate emergency.
If you have the right skills, passion and aptitude to join our team, you can help shape this role! Past internships have led to longer-term jobs at InsightShare.
6 months minimum
Flexible 2-3 days/week (TBD)
UK based, remote/hybrid arrangement
Apply immediately. Closing date: December 20th, 2021.
£65/day plus allowable expenses
Special offer for 2022! Includes a free place on Insightshare’s acclaimed training in PV facilitation.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate experience in:
- Audio and video editing skills: for back end post-production and marketing purposes.
- Communications and web management: experience with CMS/CMR platforms such as Mailchimp and WordPress.
- Social media posting: be familiar with platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Copywriting and proofreading: read copy or proof to detect and correct spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors.
Last but not least, the ideal candidate should have the motivation to make things happen and have reliable connectivity.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of editing software, smartphone filmmaking, other transmedia skills
- Manage audio and video equipment (repairs, posting, purchasing).
- Create social media videos for campaigns.
- Basic knowledge and/or motivation to learn about the international development sector, decolonisation initiatives and participatory approaches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and desirable a second language.
- Demonstrate a commitment to activism, creative expression and diversity.
- Ideally some youth work experience: opportunity to co-develop and co-deliver a range of activities and projects for young people.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Work Environment and Required Travel
Work is typically performed in an office setting, however, we are open to discussing remote working arrangements for the ideal candidate. If practical, the intern may be required to travel once a week to our office in Oxford.